This week the Menopause Makeover is hosting the fabulous Fashion Flash! Lots of amazing beauty and styling tips from my favorite bloggers.
How do you get the shine back in your dull, aging hair? Find out at Fabulous after 40!
In a never-ending battle of fighting cellulite, find out from Fab Over Forty if cellulite creams really do work or are they just a gimmick.
Put a little spring in your winter! Jackie Silver from AgingBackwards.com has discovered a gorgeous line of jewelry that looks good in any season. Check out the Love Me, Love Me Not collection from LAGOS.
Plus size fashion choices range from minimal to maximum glam as we see sequin tanks and colorful jackets to glitter nails and accessories. Whatever your choice, have a glamorous and fun holiday season this year!
Can you freeze away your belly fat–FabOverFifty discovers the surprising truth about CoolSculpting–the lipo of the future?
The Spring 2012 shoes are starting to be released, just in time for New Year’s Festivities when we all need a beautiful pair of shoes. Check out the gorgeous footwear at Obsessed with Shoes.
Check out the first video from No-Nonsense Beauty Blog – The Truth About Sunscreens.
Holidays often mean an abundance of yummy foods and drinks. Female Fat Loss Expert, Shawna K provides some ‘do’s and don’ts’ for holiday eating.
When you are stressed out
- It is difficult to lose weight
- You may experience migraines, irritable bowel syndrome, acid reflux, and back and joint pain
- You feel gloomy and tearful
- You have a hard time concentrating
- You are constantly irritable and cranky
- You feel hopeless
- Damage can be caused to your immune system, making you are susceptible to infections and viruses
- You have a harder time going through menopause
How to cope with stress
- Identify stress triggers, and resolve relationship issues
- Try stress-relieving activities, such as yoga, meditation, or tai chi
- Regular exercise releases endorphins, making you feel better
- Schedule fun activities
- Make time for your friends; support is important
- Eat healthfully – avoid a diet heavy in carbohydrates
- Pamper yourself a little bit—take a hot bath, or treat yourself to a manicure or massage
- Get in touch with your spirituality
- Get plenty of rest
- Slow down and take time in the day for yourself
- Find a relaxing new hobby
- Start reading more, and watch a little less television
- Free up your schedule – start saying no to others, and yes to you
- Make a point of laughing every day
- Don’t always answer your cell phone
- Make fun plans for the weekend
- And if you have a partner, a little affection and intimacy goes a long way – make sure you are satisfied
For many of us, the menopause journey can be stressful. It’s especially critical that you manage stress during menopause, so that you can take care of yourself. Once you handle stress triggers, managing menopause symptoms is possible.
Whether they are suffering from midlife issues, lifestyle changes, hormone fluctuations, social pressures or personal expectations, it is no surprise that women going through menopause are emotional! Make time daily to pamper yourself, and get rest. You are going through a major shift in your life. Everything you know is being altered, emotionally and physically.
If you cannot manage the emotions and stress in your life on your own, seek professional help. A therapist can help with many issues in your life, relationships, or past that may need to be addressed. Your practitioner can discuss the possibility of hormone therapy or the use of antidepressants. Some people find that the herb St. John’s Wort can help counteract depression and stress, but if you take St. John’s Wort, be sure to inform your doctor. This herb is often not compatible with other medications, and drug interactions can be dangerous.
Shawna from FemaleFatLossOverForty is hosting this week’s fabulous Fashion Flash!
Does the yogurt aisle baffle you? Don’t be tricked into eating glorified ice cream. Female Fat Loss Over 40 Expert (that’s me!) gives advice to check out what kind of yogurt to buy and why.
Is your hairstyle aging you? Aveeno beauty expert and celebrity hairstylist Patrick Melville offers Fab Over Forty readers his tips on getting youthful yet age appropriate hairstyles.
Winter’s cold temps, short days ad holiday stress can bring on Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), also known as the ‘Winter Blues’. Jackie Silver from AgingBackwards.com has some tips for overcoming the blahs.
Staness, creator of The Menopause Makeover, shares her yummy turkey chili recipe that can help you lose weight over the holidays!
Jodell at Black Cat Plus discusses the quandry some plus size women may feel when faced with the pressure to celebrate their size or conform to expectations set by society.
Deb of No-Nonsense Beauty Blog goes in search of a beautiful smile. Who’s wearing what Christmas shopping these days?
Find out how to look Fabulous after 40 at the mall with the Glam Gals.