By Staness Jonekos
The Menopause Makeover
Matcha green tea is a finely-milled green tea that has been used for the Japanese tea ceremony for centuries. It is made from shade-grown tea leaves and has incredible health benefits! It is loaded with nutrients and antioxidants, can lower cholesterol levels and boost metabolism if drank regulary. Pound-for-pound matcha green tea contains more antioxidants than blueberries, pomegranates, orange juice and spinach! One cup of matcha is the equivalent of 10 cups of green tea.
Matcha Green Tea Latte Recipe
- Pour 1 tsp Matcha green tea into a cup (use 1/2 tsp if you like a lighter taste)
- Add 2 oz hot water and stir until matcha becomes a smooth paste (it is tradition to use a bamboo whisk)
- Pour 6 oz steamed low-fat milk (soy or almond milk) into your teacup (if you don’t have a steamer, pour milk in a shaker and shake shake shake until foamy)
- Add mixed matcha tea to the milk
- Scoop foamy low-fat milk (soy or almond milk) on top
- Sprinkle with matcha dust
Sweeten with honey or vanilla
You can also make this as an “iced” drink. Prepare then pour over a glass of ice.
My favorite matcha green tea, click here to purchase.
The perfect traditional Japanese Tea ceremony chasen bamboo whisk! Click here to purchase.
Treat yourself to a matcha gree tea starter kit that includes the tea, bamboo whisk, scoop and special matcha bowl, click here.