By Catherine S. Katz, Ph.D
Catherine developed the recipes and meal plan for The Flavor Full Diet
She also contributes to ABetterBagOfGroceries.com
This simply delicious recipe is high in protein, low in glycemic carbs, and rich in healthy fats– a perfect fit for The Menopause Makeover!
4 salmon filets* (about 1 ½ lbs-wild Alaskan preferably)
2 egg whites
12 TLC Kashi® TLC 7-grain crackers
2 Tbsp poppy seeds
¼ tsp salt
fresh ground pepper to taste
2 Tbsp olive oil
1. Rinse and dry the salmon filets and set aside.
2. Whisk egg whites with a fork in a wide shallow dish and set aside.
3. Place the Kashi crackers in a coffee grinder or mini food processor and grind finely.
4. Combine the finely ground Kashi® crackers, poppy seeds, salt and pepper on flat plate and set aside.
5. Dip salmon filets, one at a time, first in the egg whites then in the poppy crumbs, making sure to coat both sides well. Repeat with all the filets
6. Heat olive oil in a large non stick pan that can hold all 4 filets and sear the filets over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side to brown.