- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 (1-inch thick) halibut steak halves (about 2 pounds)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 serrano chile or jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 medium tomato, diced)
- With a fork, whisk 1 tablespoon of the oil and all the lime juice on large platter, add fish, and turn to coat.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and pepper. Cook 6 minutes until onion is translucent and pepper is just tender.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of the salt over fish, add fish to skillet; pour coconut milk over fish and add tomato. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 8 to 9 minutes, turning fish halfway through cooking time.
- Stir remaining salt into sauce, spoon over fish a few times, and serve immediately.
Net Carbs: 5.5 grams
Fiber: 2.0 grams
Protein: 49.0 grams
Fat: 18.0 grams
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 0:10:00
Marinate Time: 0:00:00
Cook Time: 0:10:00