Endive, Watercress and Pear Salad
by Staness Jonekos
10 to 12 servings
Watercress, 3 large bunches, stems removed
Belgian endive, 3 heads, cored and separated into leaves
Extra-virgin olive oil, 5 tablespoons
Salt and Ground pepper, to taste
White balsamic vinegar (or pear vinegar), 3 tablespoons
3 ripe pears, halved and cored, then cut in half again lengthwise
• In a large bowl, toss watercress and Belgian endive.
• Add 5 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil and toss again.
• Sprinkle salt and freshly ground pepper, toss.
• Pour white balsamic vinegar, or pear vinegar, and then toss.
• Garnish your salad with the pear wedges. Serve immediately.